For all safeguarding concerns out of school hours please call 0300 123 4043
I thought today you could try making salt dough. Its quick and easy with hardly any 'mess'.
Here's the recipe:
Makes 1 ball
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 3 hours
1 cupful of plain flour (about 250g)
1. Preheat the oven to its lowest setting and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the water and stir until it comes together into a ball.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and shape into your chosen model. You can roll it out and cut out shapes, numbers or letters using biscuit cutters, or make any kind of model you can think of.
4. Put your finished items on the lined baking sheet and bake for 3 hrs or until solid. You can stick with the jungle theme if you want to, a salt dough snake is always simple and appealing.
5. Leave to cool and then paint. The brighter the better.